The Centre for Learning Impact is a recognized leader in test development. We are experts in the development and validation of multiple-choice tests for a wide range of testing objectives including compliance, safety, and professional certification testing. We provide test development services as well as skill-building workshops to help organizations develop the core competencies needed to meet their testing requirements.
We have provided test development and certification services for a wide range of clients including: Harvard Business, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada, Salus Global, the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), the Canada School of Public Service, the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants, etc.
Multiple-Choice Capability Building
This workshop focuses on establishing a solid understanding of how to create multiple-choice test itemsthat are valid, reliable, and fair.
CFLI has developed unique expertise the past decade-an-a-half creating Multiple – Choice tests for Harvard Business, and most recently, for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Our workshops are hands-on and participative. You will develop the critical skillsto spot the most common item-writing flaws.
More important, you’ll learn how to construct high-quality, valid MCquestions based on the sound application of established principles.In the closing session participants draw upon their own material or workplace scenarios to write MCitems with guidance and advice from our item-writing experts.
At the completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the most troublesome multiple-choice flaws
- Employ effective guidelines and strategies
- Construct MC items that are valid, effective, and fair
- Recognize and distinguish between the Bloom’s levels:
- Write scenario-based items to test at higher cognitive levels
- Identify and use the most effective MC formats
- Avoid formats that are confusing, unfair, or ineffective
- Critique and enhance multiple-choice questions
- Identify the most common test-wise tricks
- Employ effective strategies to defeat guessing
- Improve your own test-taking skills and testing success