Business Impact Mapping
Develop the expertise to align training with business strategy.
Align Learning & HRD to Business Outcomes & ROI
- Ensure Training Drives bottom-Line Results
- Promote Results-Focused Thinking!
Objectives: You will learn to……
- Adopt results-focused thinking
- Identify and clarify the ultimate goal(s) of training initiatives
- Adopt a common terminology for collaborative planning
- Employ the Learning Value Chain™–a simple, clarifying framework that envisions learning/HRD initiatives as triggering a chain of critical outcomes successively improving Capability, Job Performance, Business Impact, and ROI
- Identify Learning, Job Performance, and Organizational outcomes
- Create Impact Maps to align learning, HRD, and change Initiatives with bottom-line results
Top Reasons for using Business Impact MappingTM…
- Encourages a culture-wide focus on results
- Ensures training and HRD are aligned to critical business outcomes
- Creates a shared understanding and improves communication betweenall stakeholders
- Focuses design and implementation on priority outcomes
- Enhances job performance, business impact, and value for money
- Creates blueprints for success—giving all stakeholders a common alignment roadmap to guide major change initiatives, enterprise learning, and HRD programs
- Lays the foundation for effective, more meaningful evaluation
Business Impact Mapping is a critical element of the new High Impact Evaluation (HIE) model. HIE is a ground-breaking training evaluation approach developed in the course of a three-year, national training effectiveness research project. Conducted in partnership with the Canadian Society for Training & Development and the Government of Canada, the research goal was to develop tools to help firms improve the impact of their training and drive job performance, productivity, and bottom-line results.